MCAA’s highly popular Project Management Training program realizes that a project manager has a pivotal responsibility on every job and in their area of expertise. These responsibilities have become a major focus of industry training. The course is taught by MCAA’s national director for project management and advanced supervisory education who has extensive experience as an educator as well as a construction project engineer, project manager and estimator. The instructor is not only able to blend textbook knowledge with practical on-the-job experience, but also conveys it to those the listener in a way that is both informative and interactive.
A key segment of the seminar is the understanding of construction contracts as one of the best ways for a Project Manager to arm himself against any problems that might arise on the job with the General Contractor. It is strongly suggested that the Project Manager read the contract thoroughly and know what’s going on before there is trouble. This course ferrets out many other overlooked aspects of the business and offers practical solutions directly to project managers.
The topics discussed are as follows:
- Material Management and Site Planning
- Pre-Construction Planning and Project Profitability
- Conducting Effective Turnover Meetings
- Fundamentals of Job Cost Control
- Project Billings and Positive Cash Flow
- Managing Your Subcontractors
- Time Management
- Management-Caused Delays and Lost Time
- Using the Contract as a Project Management Tool
- Managing Change Orders
- Project Documentation
- Successful Project Closeout