This seminar focuses on addressing and resolving issues facing mechanical contractors who are interested in improving or starting Design-Build operations. It is intended for presidents, senior management, design-build staff, estimators, and project managers who have design-build responsibilities or have interest in starting or improving design-build operations. Research on project delivery systems suggests that the design-build delivery system may grow to account for 50% of all construction dollars spent by the year 2010, surpassing dollars spent on Plan & Spec systems by 2005.
- Why design-build is becoming a preferred project delivery system
- National trends on project delivery systems: construction manager, plan & spec, & design build
- Responsibilities for performance vs. prescriptive contracting
- Owner/GC expectations for mechanical design-build contractors
- The required company resources and infrastructure for effective design-build operations
- How to market and sell design-build
- The key elements to include in design-build proposals